Access to Vaccines Index webinar for investors – co hosted by PRI and ICCR
On Wednesday 31 May, the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR), the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and the Access to Medicine Foundation, will co-host an investor webinar about the recently published Access to Vaccines Index. The focus will be on access to vaccines as a material issue for investors in pharmaceutical companies and how the Access to Vaccines Index can be used as a tool for change.
Participants will discuss why access to vaccines is a material issue for investors in pharmaceutical companies and how the Access to Vaccines Index can be used as a tool to improve the availability and affordability of vaccines in low- and middle-income countries.
- Jayasree K. Iyer – Executive Director, Access to Medicine Foundation
- Lauren Compere – Managing Director and Director of Shareholder Engagement at Boston Common Asset Management; Board Member, ICCR
- Jon Pender – Vice President, Government Affairs, GSK; and Guy Pickles –Senior Manager, Global Health, GSK Vaccines.
- Hanneke Schuitemaker – Vice President, Head Viral Vaccine Discovery and Translational Medicine, Janssen Vaccines & Prevention (Johnson & Johnson)
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, 31 May at 10:00 EDT/16:00 CEST and will be moderated by Alison Biscoe from PRI. If you have questions for the speakers, you can send them in advance to Alison.Biscoe@unpri.org
You can register for the webinar here.
The Access to Vaccines Index covers:
- 8 companies (Daiichi Sankyo, GSK, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer, Sanofi, Serum Institute of India and Takeda);
- 3 areas of corporate behaviour (research & development; pricing & registration; and manufacturing & supply);
- 69 diseases with the highest priority for improving access to immunisation (including pneumococcal disease, meningococcal disease, seasonal influenza, polio and Ebola).