Utrecht University: Sustainability, Health & Innovation
On September 24, Fatema Rafiqi, Research Programme Manager for the Access to Medicine Foundation, will join Utrecht University virtually for a series of guest lectures on Sustainability, Health & Innovation.
Fatema will participate in a series of digital guest lectures about challenges for the development and distribution of medicines in resource-restricted settings. The goal of Sustainability, Health & Innovation (SHI) is to teach students about issues related to the development and distribution of medical interventions for low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
In her virtual lecture, Fatema will discuss a number of topics, including:
- Challenges for developing medicines in LMICs and directions for solutions
- The work of the Access to Medicine Foundation, in particular the rationale for the Access to Medicine Index and the Antimicrobial Resistance Benchmark
- A case study on tuberculosis
- Insights on the development and accessibility of prospective COVID-19 interventions in LMICs.
Other guest speakers from the following organisations will also join the lecture:
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Vereniging Innovatieve Geneesmiddelen (VIG)
- Ministerie VWS