JPIAMR: How do we simultaneously manage the acute COVID-19 pandemic and escalating antibiotic resistance?
On September 18, Government Engagement and Policy Manager Margo Warren will join the final webinar of JPIAMR's "AMR research in a post-pandemic world" series. This session will focus on the ways in which knowledge and behaviours gained from the COVID-19 pandemic can help create and sustain awareness and action to address AMR.
Margo Warren, Government Engagement and Policy Manager for the Access to Medicine Foundation, will join this webinar to discuses:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has created awareness of infection biology and a wider community understanding of infection prevention and control. How can we build on this knowledge to support understanding of antimicrobial resistance (AMR)?
- Funding and policy efforts are currently highly focused on COVID-19. What do clinical and scientific communities need to do to continue to raise awareness about AMR?
Other panelists in the webinar include:
- Charu Kaushic (GloPID-R)
- Steven Hoffman (Global Strategy Lab)
- Ghada Zoubiane (ICARS)
- Sabiha Essack (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- Otto Cars (ReAct)
- Ramanan Laxminarayan (CDDEP & Princeton University)