Access to Vaccines Index webinar for investors – co hosted by PRI and ICCR
Wednesday, 31 May 2017
On Wednesday 31 May, the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR), the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and the Access to Medicine Foundation, will co-host an investor webinar about the recently published Access to Vaccines Index. Participants will discuss why access to vaccines is a material issue for investors in pharmaceutical companies and how the Access to Vaccines Index can be used as a tool to improve the availability and affordability of vaccines in low- and middle-income countries.
- Jayasree K. Iyer – Executive Director, Access to Medicine Foundation
- Lauren Compere – Managing Director and Director of Shareholder Engagement at Boston Common Asset Management; Board Member, ICCR
- Jon Pender – Vice President, Government Affairs, GSK; and Guy Pickles –Senior Manager, Global Health, GSK Vaccines.
- Hanneke Schuitemaker – Vice President, Head Viral Vaccine Discovery and Translational Medicine, Janssen Vaccines & Prevention (Johnson & Johnson)
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, 31 May at 10:00 EDT/16:00 CEST and will be moderated by Alison Biscoe from PRI. If you have questions for the speakers, you can send them in advance to Alison.Biscoe@unpri.org
You can register for the webinar here.
The Access to Vaccines Index covers:
- 8 companies (Daiichi Sankyo, GSK, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer, Sanofi, Serum Institute of India and Takeda);
- 3 areas of corporate behaviour (research & development; pricing & registration; and manufacturing & supply);
- 69 diseases with the highest priority for improving access to immunisation (including pneumococcal disease, meningococcal disease, seasonal influenza, polio and Ebola).