The Access to Medicine Foundation (ATMF) is looking for an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager is a core member of the operational managers group that is responsible for implementing and executing the Foundation’s 2022-2026 Strategic Direction.
12 months, renewable
At least 5 years
€4.000 - €5.000
A valid work permit to work in the Netherlands is required
Amsterdam, the Netherlands (not a remote position)
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
As soon as possible
About the Foundation
The Access to Medicine Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Amsterdam. As an independent catalyst for progress, we combine research, insights and dialogue to transform how healthcare companies reach the 80% of people alive today who live in low- and middle-income countries.
To turn our research into real-world change, we engage with leading organisations, including healthcare companies, NGOs and governments. Our reports are seen and used by a wide network of experts and groups, including pharmaceutical companies and industry watchers, governments, international agencies such as the United Nations and World Health Organization, pharma journalists, investors and global health professionals and academics.
What does the role look like?
As the Operations Manager, your responsibilities will focus on three pillars: 1) Operations management; 2) Risk management; and 3) Data Management & IT
1. Operations management
- Shape, plan and oversee the organisational processes (including quality control) underpinning all of the Foundation’s main projects;
- Work in cross functional alignment with all responsible managers to implement the Foundation’s strategy;
- Set, maintain and improve project management across the organisation;
- Creating visibility with responsible managers on resource planning and needs to meet agreed upon deadlines;
- Set, maintain and improve organisational goal setting/reporting processes;
- Facility management (e.g. collaborate with HR on optimal use of the hybrid working model, pro-actively come up with improved ways of working).
2. Risk management
- Analysing and reporting on, e.g., incidents, availabilities, delays, changes and costs;
- Advise the Director of Research & Operations (line-manager for this role) on resource planning, needs and issues;
- Advise the Management Team on the risk register;
- Responsible for Data Security (e.g. GDPR).
3. Data management & IT
- Oversee IT-related projects with the Data Management & IT Manager (e.g. security and operation of the Foundation's data-management IT platform, ICT suppliers, including service contracts); Oversee the renewal of all office ICT (hard- & software) systems.
What we are looking for
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business administration);
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in project management, data or IT-based projects/projects with a large data component;
- Excellent in project management, planning, organizing and guiding teams;
- Ability to oversee multiple large projects;
- Solution oriented and able to identify and manage risks;
- Write, execute and review operational and project plans;
- You are able to motivate and inspire peers to reach the goals; The position will be based in Amsterdam and a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands is required, EU applicants welcome.
What we offer you
- A dynamic, innovative, working environment with a diverse team based in our Amsterdam office. This position is not available for remote working in a country outside the Netherlands (there will be no compensation for relocation costs);
- Being a core member of the operational managers group that is responsible for implementing and executing the Foundation’s 2022-2026 Strategic Direction;
- The possibility to work in a multidisciplinary team where you can learn from each other;
- Benefits include 25 holidays on an annual basis based on a fulltime employment, mandatory company pension scheme, holiday allowance and reimbursement of public transport to work (if living beyond 10km from the office).
How to apply
Interested in this new opportunity? Please send:
- Your cover letter with your motivation on why you would like to join the Access to Medicine Foundation and why you are a good fit for this role,
- Your resume,
- The contact details of two references (e-mail address and/or phone number), and
- A brief summary of recent projects, including your contribution, that illustrate the experience marked above under the heading “What we are looking for”.
Please send this application package to Mrs Mireille Deen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applications will not be considered unless they are complete with all supporting documentation provided.