Head of Industry Engagement
The Access to Medicine Foundation is looking for an experienced Head of Industry Engagement to engage with key stakeholders in essential healthcare companies that are analysed in different research programmes by the Access to Medicine Foundation, managing the relationship between the Foundation and companies producing essential health products, including facilitating the dissemination of results and discussions of the Foundation’s research programmes and engaging on change-making opportunities.
12 months (with possibility of renewal)
€ 4.500,- - € 5.500,-
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
The Access to Medicine Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Our mission is to stimulate and guide healthcare companies to do more for the two billion people worldwide who cannot access the medicines they need. To trigger radical change inside these companies, the Foundation uses a combination of data, research insights, rankings and report cards, while leveraging a network of influential stakeholders, including investors, policymakers in governments, and the public. For each sector and access issue, the Foundation builds networks of influence, to ensure that tailored approaches are used. Our events form a critical avenue for activating these networks.
The Head of Industry Engagement will manage the engagement between the Foundation and essential healthcare companies, including pharmaceutical companies, with a particular focus on those companies in the scope of our research programmes.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensuring the Foundation’s engagement and research insights are steered toward our strategic goals and mission of the Foundation in spurring progress in access to medicine in essential healthcare companies;
- Reaching out to new companies that are relevant for our strategic goals and programmes;
- Developing and implementing strategic plans to engage industry leadership and access teams, including annual company engagement team objectives and key results, defining deliverables and planning of resources;
- Building and maintaining a value proposition on the benefits of corporate action for the global good, including a portfolio of tools and briefings. Trigger companies to proactively work on increasing access to medicine in low- and middle-income countries and to report results.
- Coordinating the Foundation’s engagement with companies across the research programmes, from the development of different methodologies, data collection, verification, analysis and to the dissemination of findings;
- Managing the Foundation’s everyday communication with companies and industry associations covered by our research and outreach;
- Maintaining and expanding a network of key decision makers within companies
- Strategic planning to ensure leadership level engagement, including assisting the CEO in her interactions with board and executive-level leadership at companies;
- Supporting the Foundation’s research teams in their understanding of companies’ structures, priorities and business models, and interpretation of data and presenting research insights to companies;
- Collaborating efficiently with the Management Team, operational managers and other staff members responsible for coordinating the operations of the Foundation and Research programmes;
- Speaking and representing the Foundation and research insights at industry learning sessions, company events, multi-stakeholder meetings and conferences.
Profile and essential skills
- At least 5 years’ work experience with the pharmaceutical industry with private sector engagement or relationship management;
- A relevant postgraduate degree in medical, pharmacy, sciences, business or economics focused in health-related fields;
- Profound knowledge of the international pharmaceutical and/or other healthcare business
- Familiarity and experience with global health issues;
- Proven experience in diplomacy and relationship building;
- Proven experience in strategic planning and designing different approaches to engage companies
- Proven ability to plan effectively and manage complex projects and deliver on tight deadlines,
- At least 3 years of management experience to supervise staff;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written;
- Experience in working in cross-cultural teams and circumstances
- Ability to translate research and insights for wider audiences;
- Team player; and
- Willingness and availability to travel frequently and work in different time-zones.
- The position will be based in Amsterdam and a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands is needed, EU applicants welcome.
What we offer you
- A dynamic, innovative, working environment with an international team based in our Amsterdam office
- The opportunity to bring this new role to life and to make it work for the different teams, levels and stakeholders. Mentorship from experienced Management Team members.
- Benefits include 25 holidays on an annual basis based on a fulltime employment, mandatory company pension scheme, holiday allowance and reimbursement of public transport to work (if living beyond 10km from the office). There will be no compensation for relocation costs.
How to apply
Interested in this new opportunity? Please send:
- Your resume,
- Your cover letter with your motivation on why you would like to join the Access to Medicine Foundation and why you are a good fit for this role,
- The contact details of two references (e-mail address and phone number).
Please send this application package to Mrs Mireille Deen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applications will not be considered unless they are complete with all supporting documentation provided and emailed as an application package to Mrs Deen.