We are looking for a financial controller who is able to run the finances at the Foundation independently on a daily basis from start to end. Since the financial controller will be the only employee working in finance within the Foundation, it is key that you are up to date with Dutch regulations, legislation and accounting standards. You also need to be a clear communicator who is fluent in Dutch and English.
12 months (with possibility of renewal)
Between € 4,000 and € 5,000 (based on fulltime employment), depending on experience
32 per week (0.8 FTE)
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
What does the role look like?
The role may include the following responsibilities:
- Handling day to day accounting activities (e.g., review and process invoices, journal entries, payments);
- Perform activities for the month end, quarterly end and year end closure;
- Handle monthly payroll (start to end incl. 30% ruling, WKR, etc.);
- Manage the annual audit process;
- Conduct financial reporting to the Management Team, Supervisory Board and funders;
- Assist in preparing annual budgets;
- Assist in drafting funding proposals;
- Handle pensions and insurances;
- Assist HR (incl. 30% ruling applications, WKR, advice on HR matters);
- Work closely with operations and HR regarding organisational policies and procedures;
- Support and advise the Management Team with regard to budget, liquidity and financial matters;
- Ensure that the Foundation fully complies with all legal and statutory requirements.
The Financial Controller will report directly to the Director of Strategy.
What we are looking for
- At least 5 years of relevant finance and accounting work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree (HBO or WO) in Finance or Accounting;
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections;
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis;
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems (knowledge of Twinfield is a plus);
- Profound knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Accurate, with excellent attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Dutch regulations, legislation and accounting standards;
- Familiarity with Dutch Tax system;
- Ambition and positive attitude towards learning new skills;
- Affinity with ICT;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (written/verbal) is a strong requirement;
- Availability to start as soon as possible.
What we offer you
- A dynamic, innovative, international working environment;
- The possibility to work in a small, dedicated team where you can learn from each other;
- Benefits that include 25 holidays on an annual basis based on a fulltime employment, company pension scheme, holiday allowance and reimbursement of public transport to work (if living beyond 10KM cycling distance from the office).
About the Access to Medicine Foundation
The Access to Medicine Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Amsterdam. Our mission is to stimulate and guide pharmaceutical companies to do more for the 2 billion people worldwide who cannot access the medicines they need. The core pillar of our work is researching how pharmaceutical companies address the affordability and accessibility of their products in poorer countries. To turn our research into real-world change, we engage with leading organisations, including companies, NGOs and governments.
Our research products, the Access to Medicine Index and the Antimicrobial Resistance Benchmark, are valued by a wide network of experts and external stakeholders, including pharmaceutical companies and industry watchers, governments, international agencies (such as the United Nations and World Health Organization), pharma journalists, investors and global health professionals and academics. The Foundation also publishes stand-alone studies about the pharmaceutical industry. It identifies best practices, highlights where progress is being made, and uncovers where critical action is still required.
With these tools and outreach work, the Foundation provides both an incentive and a guide for pharmaceutical companies to do more to improve access to medicine. Each new product brings new opportunities to stimulate change and to advance the global debate on access to medicine. Quality research and analysis are essential activities within the Access to Medicine Foundation to achieve these change making goals.
How to apply
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Please send your cover letter with your motivation on why you would like to join the Access to Medicine Foundation and how you think you will fit in our team, your resume, the contact details of two references (e-mail address and/or phone number) to Mrs Mireille Deen at email@example.com.
The application will not be considered unless it is complete, and all supporting documentation has been provided. There will be no compensation for relocation costs.