Company Engagement Officer
The Access to Medicine Foundation is looking for a Company Engagement Officer to work on the team that manages the relationship between the Foundation and healthcare companies. This includes facilitating the dissemination of the Foundation’s research and concurrent evaluations with companies. The company engagement team is responsible for the daily interactions with healthcare companies and for up-to-date knowledge of the companies, including on their access-to-medicine initiatives, commercial strategy, organizational structure and key influencers in the companies.
1 year (with possibility of renewal)
€ 3,000 - € 3,500 per month
A valid work permit for this position is required
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
As soon as possible
The Access to Medicine Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Our mission is to guide and incentivize healthcare companies to do more for people living in low- and middle-income countries who cannot access the essential healthcare products they need. The core pillar of our work is researching how essential healthcare companies address the affordability and accessibility of their products in these countries. To translate our research into real-world change, we engage with leading organisations, including companies, NGOs, investors and governments.
The Foundation has embarked on a new strategy for the coming years, covering more healthcare industries beyond the innovative research-based pharmaceutical companies that it has been covering for 15 years. We are now looking for a new company engagement officer with experience in working with the private sector. As a member of the company engagement team you should be proactive, solution-oriented, motivated, curious, flexible, and would like to contribute in various ways to advancing the change-making activities at the Foundation. In this role you will excel as a team player who communicates clearly with other teams at the Foundation and with relevant players in the industry.
About the role
The Company Engagement Officer will work under management of the Head of Industry Engagement on managing the relationship between the Foundation and healthcare companies, with a particular focus on those companies in the scope of our research. Main responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Executing on the Foundation’s engagement with companies across the research programmes: from the development of the research methodology and the data process to the dissemination of findings;
- Managing the Foundation’s everyday communication with companies’ points of contact related to our research;
- Engaging with companies on opportunities for change making, e.g., through the Foundation’s bilateral meetings, workshops with companies, or after publication of the Foundation’s research reports;
- Proactively reach out to new healthcare companies that are relevant for our strategic goals;
- Supporting the Company Engagement Manager and the Executive Director in their interactions with management- and executive-level leadership at companies;
- Working with the Foundation’s other teams – Research, Investor Engagement, Government Engagement & Policy, Communications – to optimize engagement with companies and to contribute to other teams’ strategies based on learnings.
- When needed: speaking and representing the Foundation at industry events, seminars and conferences; translating research and insights for wider audiences.
Profile and essential skills
- A relevant postgraduate degree in medical, pharmacy, sciences or economics focused in health-related fields;
- Work experience in the healthcare industry, either pharmaceutical/vaccine companies, medical gases, or diagnostics is a plus;
- Basic business knowledge of the healthcare industry;
- Working experience in external communication;
- Experienced in working on multidisciplinary projects;
- Affinity with diplomacy and relationship building;
- Familiarity with global health issues;
- Ability to translate research and insights for wider audiences;
- Work independently on team goals and objectives;
- Willingness and availability to travel if required;
- Willingness and ability to work with stakeholders who are based in different time-zones;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written;
- The positions will be based in Amsterdam and a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands is needed, EU applicants welcome.
What we offer you
- A dynamic, innovative, working environment with a diverse team based in our Amsterdam office. This position is not available for remote working in a country outside the Netherlands (there will be no compensation for relocation costs).
- Being part of the development of analyses, reports, and material for events
- The possibility to work in a team where you can learn from each other;
- Benefits include 25 holidays on an annual basis based on a fulltime employment, mandatory company pension scheme, holiday allowance and reimbursement of public transport to work (if living beyond 10km from the office).
More about Access to Medicine Foundation
Our research products, The Access to Medicine Index and the Antimicrobial Resistance Benchmark, are valued by a wide network of experts and external stakeholders including healthcare companies and industry watchers, governments, international agencies such as the United Nations and World Health Organization, pharma journalists, investors and global health professionals and academics. The Foundation also publishes stand-alone studies about the pharmaceutical industry. It identifies best practices, highlights where progress is being made, and uncovers where critical action is still required. The Foundation will be expanding its strategy to encompass more companies, including more generic medicine manufacturers, as well as incorporating more non-communicable diseases in its work, such as diabetes.
With these tools and outreach work, the Foundation provides both an incentive and a guide for healthcare companies to do more to improve access to medicine. Each new product brings new opportunities to stimulate change and to advance the global debate on access to medicine. Quality research and analysis are essential activities within the Access to Medicine Foundation to achieve these change making goals.
How to apply
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Please send the following documents to Mrs. Mireille Deen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- a cover letter with your motivation on why you would like to join the Access to Medicine Foundation and how you think you will fit in our team
- your resume
- the contact details of two references (e-mail address and/or phone number)
- one writing sample (e.g., published article, white paper, thesis).
The application will not be considered unless it is complete and all supporting documentation has been provided. There will be no compensation for relocation costs.