Company Engagement Officer
The Access to Medicine Foundation is looking for a Company Engagement Officer to work on the team that manages the relationship between the Foundation and pharmaceutical companies. This includes facilitating the dissemination of the Foundation’s research and concurrent evaluations with companies. The company engagement team is responsible for the daily interactions with pharmaceutical companies and for up-to-date knowledge of the companies, including on their access-to-medicine initiatives, commercial strategy, organizational structure and key influencers in the companies.
The Access to Medicine Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Our mission is to guide and incentivize pharmaceutical companies to do more for people living in low- and middle-income countries who cannot access the medicines they need. The core pillar of our work is researching how pharmaceutical companies address the affordability and accessibility of their products in these countries. To translate our research into real-world change, we engage with leading organisations, including companies, NGOs and governments.
The Foundation will be executing on a new strategy in the coming years, covering more healthcare industries beyond the innovative research-based pharmaceutical companies that it has been covering for 15 years. Hence, we are looking for a two new company engagement officers with experience in working with the private sector. As a member of the company engagement team you should be proactive, solution-oriented, motivated, curious, flexible, and would like to contribute to advancing the change-making activities at the Foundation. In this role you will excel as a team player who communicates clearly with other teams at the Foundation and with relevant players in the industry.
About the Role
- The Company Engagement Officer will work under management of the Company Engagement Manager on managing the relationship between the Foundation and healthcare companies, with a particular focus on those companies in the scope of our research. Main responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Executing on the Foundation’s engagement with companies across the research programmes: from the development of the research methodology and the data process to the dissemination of findings;
- Managing the Foundation’s everyday communication with companies’ points of contact related to our research;
- Engaging with companies on opportunities for change making, e.g., through the Foundation’s bilateral meetings, workshops with companies, or after publication of the Foundation’s research reports;
- Proactively reach out to new healthcare companies that are relevant for our strategic goals;
- Supporting the Company Engagement Manager and the Executive Director in their interactions with management- and executive-level leadership at companies;
- Working with the Foundation’s other teams – Research, Investor Engagement, Government Engagement & Policy, Communications – to optimize engagement with companies and to contribute to other teams’ strategies based on learnings.
- When needed: speaking and representing the Foundation at industry events, seminars and conferences; translating research and insights for wider audiences.
Profile and essential skills
- A relevant postgraduate degree in medical, pharmacy, sciences or economics focused in health-related fields;
- Basic business knowledge of the healthcare industry;
- Working experience in external communication;
- Experienced in working on multidisciplinary projects;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written;
- Affinity with diplomacy and relationship building;
- Affinity with influencing stakeholders
- Familiarity with global health issues;
- Ability to translate research and insights for wider audiences;
- Ability to work independently on team goals and objectives;
- Willingness and availability to travel and work in different time-zones;
- Work experience in the innovative pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Work experience in the diagnostics industry is a plus
- Work experience in the medical gas industry is a plus
- The positions will be based in Amsterdam and a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands is needed, EU applicants welcome.
What we offer you
- A dynamic, innovative, working environment with a diverse team based in our Amsterdam office. This position is not available for remote working in a country outside the Netherlands (there will be no compensation for relocation costs).
- Being part of the development of analyses, reports, and material for events
- The possibility to work in a team where you can learn from each other;
- Benefits include 25 holidays on an annual basis based on a fulltime employment, mandatory company pension scheme, holiday allowance and reimbursement of public transport to work (if living beyond 10km from the office).
More about the Access to Medicine Foundation
Our research products, The Access to Medicine Index and the Antimicrobial Resistance Benchmark, are valued by a wide network of experts and external stakeholders including pharmaceutical companies and industry watchers, governments, international agencies such as the United Nations and World Health Organization, pharma journalists, investors and global health professionals and academics. The Foundation also publishes stand-alone studies about the pharmaceutical industry. It identifies best practices, highlights where progress is being made, and uncovers where critical action is still required. The Foundation will be expanding its strategy to encompass more companies, including more generic medicine manufacturers, as well as incorporating more non-communicable diseases in its work, such as diabetes.
With these tools and outreach work, the Foundation provides both an incentive and a guide for pharmaceutical companies to do more to improve access to medicine. Each new product brings new opportunities to stimulate change and to advance the global debate on access to medicine. Quality research and analysis are essential activities within the Access to Medicine Foundation to achieve these change making goals.
How to apply Interested in this exciting opportunity? Please send your cover letter with your motivation on why you would like to join the Access to Medicine Foundation and how you think you will fit in our team, your resume, the contact details of two references (e-mail address and/or phone number), and one writing sample (i.e. published article, thesis or white paper) to Mrs Mireille Deen at email@example.com.
The applications will not be considered unless they are complete with all supporting documentation provided.