Company Engagement Assistant
The Access to Medicine Foundation is looking for a motivated and dedicated Company Engagement Assistant who will support the Company Engagement Manager to engage with global healthcare companies to enhance the impact and value of our activities.
1 year (with possibility of renewal)
€ 2.500,- - € 3.000,- per month (gross)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
The Access to Medicine Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Our mission is to guide and incentivize pharmaceutical companies to do more for people living in low- and middle-income countries who cannot access the medicines they need. The core pillar of our work is researching how pharmaceutical companies address the affordability and accessibility of their products in these countries. To translate our research into real-world change, we engage with leading organisations, including companies, NGOs and governments.
The Foundation will be executing on a new strategy in the coming years, covering more healthcare industries beyond the innovative research-based pharmaceutical companies that it has been covering for 15 years. Hence, we are looking for a two new company engagement officers with experience in working with the private sector. As a member of the company engagement team you should be proactive, solution-oriented, motivated, curious, flexible, and would like to contribute to advancing the change-making activities at the Foundation. In this role you will excel as a team player who communicates clearly with other teams at the Foundation and with relevant players in the industry.
Role and responsibilities
Tasks will focus on two areas: (1) support for engagement with healthcare companies related to the research programmes of the Foundation, (2) change-making.
- Track relevant news and events related to healthcare companies;
- Review healthcare company Annual Reports and ESG reports and filter out relevant data for access to medicines
- Assist in identifying and connecting with key decision makers in the healthcare companies, by means of background research.
2. Project administration
- Assist the Company Engagement Manager with administrative and project coordination tasks, including preparation of meeting materials, note-taking and organization of company events;
- Assist with company outreach activities, including maintaining relevant databases, drafting outreach emails, and providing background research;
- Assist with the collection and combination of data for internal reporting (e.g. against team’s KPIs);
- Ensure that internal data management software (e.g. Copper and ClickUp) is up to date, including recording of calls and meetings, informing relevant staff on key takeaways, and maintaining accurate contact information.
Profile and essential skills
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in medical, pharmacy, sciences or economics focused in health-related fields;
- Familiarity with global health issues;
- Basic business knowledge of the healthcare industry;
- Proficient written and spoken English;
- Ability to master new technical and thematic knowledge and summarize complex information;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly organised self-starter and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- The positions will be based in Amsterdam and a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands is needed, EU applicants welcome.
What we offer you
- A dynamic, innovative working environment with a diverse team based in our Amsterdam office. This position is not available for remote working in a country outside the Netherlands (there will be no compensation for relocation costs);
- Being part of the development of analyses, reports, and material for events;
- The possibility to work in a team where you can learn from each other;
- Benefits include 25 holidays on an annual basis based on a fulltime employment, mandatory company pension scheme, holiday allowance and reimbursement of public transport to work (if living beyond 10km from the office).
More about the Access to Medicine Foundation
Our research products, The Access to Medicine Index and the Antimicrobial Resistance Benchmark, are valued by a wide network of experts and external stakeholders including pharmaceutical companies and industry watchers, governments, international agencies such as the United Nations and World Health Organization, pharma journalists, investors and global health professionals and academics. The Foundation also publishes stand-alone studies about the pharmaceutical industry. It identifies best practices, highlights where progress is being made, and uncovers where critical action is still required. The Foundation will be expanding its strategy to encompass more companies, including more generic medicine manufacturers, as well as incorporating more non-communicable diseases in its work, such as diabetes.
With these tools and outreach work, the Foundation provides both an incentive and a guide for pharmaceutical companies to do more to improve access to medicine. Each new product brings new opportunities to stimulate change and to advance the global debate on access to medicine. Quality research and analysis are essential activities within the Access to Medicine Foundation to achieve these change making goals.
How to apply
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Please send the following documents to Mrs. Mireille Deen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- a cover letter with your motivation on why you would like to join the Access to Medicine Foundation and how you think you will fit in our team
- your resume
- the contact details of two references (e-mail address and/or phone number)
- one writing sample (e.g., published article, white paper, thesis).
The application will not be considered unless it is complete and all supporting documentation has been provided. There will be no compensation for relocation costs.